Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) laser rejuvenation (also called the IPL PhotoFacial or Broad Band Light (BBL)) is a popular and innovative aesthetic treatment for addressing skin pigmentation, skin redness, and a blotchy, uneven skin tone. It is a gentle, non-invasive and FDA-cleared solution that will help eliminate age and sunspots, banish dilated blood vessels and produce a more even skin texture and tone for a complexion that looks healthy, youthful and vibrant. At Kline Dermatology, we have been performing IPL treatments, alone and in combination with other procedures, for over 22 years with expertise, sensitivity, and care.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the IPL Photofacial?
Intense Pulse Light (IPL) delivers broad-spectrum pulsed light energy to target specific pigment irregularities such as dark spots and broken capillaries in the upper layers of the skin. Without injuring the skin’s surface, this concentrated light destroys melanin build-up or vascular abnormalities while stimulating new collagen synthesis and elastin fibers.
What Are The Benefits And Results of the IPL Photofacial?
- Many patients who experience IPL Photorejuvenation feel as though years of have been subtracted from their skin. Skin will look brighter in just a few days as vascular and pigmented lesions like sun spots, freckles, and dilated blood vessels fade.
- This treatment is generally very well tolerated and requires little to no downtime.
- Skin texture and pore size can also be improved and other skin concerns (such as visible scarring or wrinkles) can be diminished as new collagen is produced.
Who Should Consider IPL For Skin Rejuvenation?
- Men and women of all ages can benefit from IPL laser treatment, especially if they experience bothersome skin redness, blotchy skin (associated with acne or rosacea), dilated blood vessels or signs of sun damage.
- IPL Photofacial treatment is not recommended for certain skin types. This will be assessed during a consultation.
- It is recommended that patient not have a tan when they receive their IPL Photofacial treatment and that they are not exposed to the sun for at least two weeks after they complete their treatment series.
What Are Possible Treatment Areas?
The most common treatment area is the face, however, we can also treat the:
- Decollete and chest
IPL Photofacial Before and After Treatment
What Can I Expect From An IPL Photorejuvenation Treatment At Kline Dermatology?
- Following a thorough consultation with our medical team, patients will be signed up for a series of IPL laser treatments (generally 3-5 altogether) that will be spaced one month apart.
- The procedure generally lasts no longer than 30 minutes and is very tolerable. Some topical numbing cream can be applied but is generally not required.
- Immediately post-treatment, the skin can be a little red and slightly sensitive (like a new sunburn) but this will fade in a matter of hours.
- Results will be visible as early as a week post-treatment and will only continue to improve with successive treatments.
What Is The Cost Of An IPL Photofacial Treatment?
The cost of treatment will vary depending on the area being treated and the number of treatment sessions that are required. This spans $450 for one session to $1,150 for a three-part series. We also offer complementary treatment packages that provide great patient value and results. Ask our staff for more information.
How Long Do The Results IPL Photorejuvenation Last?
If the skin is well-maintained and sun damage is avoided, the results of an IPL Laser treatment series can last for years!