The double chin. It can hamper your confidence and is almost impossible to get rid of without treatment. In most cases, it is simply the result of genetics. But now, new procedures like Kybella offer a non-surgical solution to eliminating the fat cells beneath your chin, for good. At Kline Dermatology, we provide expertly-delivered Kybella treatments in New York City, with results that will last for years. Patients will experience more than just renewed confidence, but a more defined and contoured side-profile and jawline.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is Kybella?
Kybella™ is the first and only FDA-approved injectable to treat submental fat or “the double chin”. Prior to its launch in 2015, surgical liposuction was the only choice for eliminating problematic and stubborn pockets of fat. Now, Kybella offers a non-surgical double chin treatment option that will improve your facial profile by using deoxycholic acid – a naturally-occurring substance in the body. Fat that is injected with deoxycholic acid will be naturally metabolized and broken down by the lymphatic system and excreted along with other waste. Results are permanent.
What Are The Benefits And Results of Kybella?
- Kybella is a great option for patients who are looking to improve their facial profile and to eliminate the appearance of a double chin.
- Unlike surgical procedures, this double chin treatment has little downtime.
- While results will vary, patients can expect a more well-contoured jawline and defined side-profile over time.
Who Should Consider Kybella For The Double Chin?
- Kybella candidacy is determined on a case-by-case basis. At our practice, we are careful to assess whether Kybella is right for a patient because results can vary significantly depending on what the root cause of the ‘double chin’ is (i.e. weight gain, sagging skin or genetics).
- Men and women can both benefit from this double chin treatment if they are individually considered to be good candidates.
What Can I Expect From a Kybella Treatment At Kline Dermatology?
- Following a thorough consultation with our medical team, a patient will be signed up to received a series of 2-3 Kybella injections spaced 6 weeks apart.
- When a patient begins their treatment, they will receive numbing cream across the target area.
- A temporary tattoo ‘grid’ will be applied to the area marking the injection sites for precise and targeted treatment.
- The procedure lasts no longer the 20-30 minutes. Afterwards, the patient will receive some ice to cool the area and minimize swelling.
When Will I Start To See The Results Of Kybella?
- Most patients will start to see results between four and six weeks after the double chin treatment. The benefit is that these results can last for years which mean that touch-ups and upkeep is generally not needed.
- Depending on a patient’s aesthetic needs and goals, two to three treatment sessions are generally advised. Incremental results will be seen following each treatment.
What Are The Side Effects Of Kybella?
- During the treatment, patients may experience some mild stinging.
- Post-treatment, most patients will experience mild to moderate inflammation and swelling. This will generally subside after 24 hours but can persist (minimally) for up to three weeks.
What Is The Cost Of A Kybella Treatment?
Kybella treatments will range depending on the patient and their needs but can range anywhere from $1,200 to $1,500 per session.
How Long Does Kybella Last?
The great news about Kybella is that is it a permanent solution. Fat cells that have been targeted and eliminated are gone for good and will not return.