Microneedling and PRP for skin rejuvenation has evolved as one of the go-to celebrity and social media treatments online and beyond, and for good reason. This treatment helps harnesses the body’s own growth factor rich platelet rich plasma (PRP) with collagen induction therapy to transform a tired, dull complexion into a rejuvenated, smoothed, healthy and youthful appearance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What Is Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)?
Platelet rich plasma (or PRP) is a concentration derived from your own blood with powerful natural growth factors and stem cells that help promote healthy skin and fight inflammation. During a treatment, your blood is drawn and then hyper-concentrated in a centrifuge to separate the platelet rich plasma protein from red blood cells.
What Is Microneedling (Collagen Induction Therapy)?
Automated microneedling or collagen induction therapy involves the use of tiny needles in a controlled device (such as the Cosmopen) that create micro-injuries in the top layers of the skin. This action stimulates the body’s natural defense systems that kick-start the production of new elastin and collagen.
What Is The Benefit of Microneedling and PRP?
The synergistic action of collagen induction therapy and PRP creates the perfect facial rejuvenation treatment. The micro needling not only helps with collagen and elastin production but supports better PRP penetration by opening micro-channels in the skin. Similarly, the PRP boosts the healing and regenerative benefits of microneedling.
Patient benefits can include any of the following:
- Improved skin tone and texture
- Diminished appearance of scars (including acne scarring and stretch marks)
- Improved appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Skin that is firmer and smoother
- Diminished dark spots and signs of accumulated sun damage
- A brightened complexion and youthful glow
Who Should Consider Microneedling And PRP?
The good news about this popular treatment is that anyone can benefit from it, including men, women, and patients of all ages and skin types. Patients who do undergo the treatment to target specific concerns (i.e. acne scarring) should plan to undergo a series of sessions to maximize benefits and results.
What Can I Expect From A Microneedling and PRP Treatment At Kline Dermatology?
- Following a thorough consultation with our staff, you will have blood drawn to concentrate your blood’s PRP through the process of centrifugation.
- Your face will be thoroughly cleaned and then the microneedling treatment will begin.
- As the microneedling treatment progresses on the target skin area, the PRP will be applied so that it can be driven deep into the skin for maximum effect.
- Skincare will be recommended following the procedure based on your specific skin needs to promote and maintain long-term benefits.
- The downtime for this procedure is generally two to four days (but this can vary patient-to-patient).
What Is The Cost Of A Microneedling And PRP Treatment?
PRP treatments can range considerably based on the area being treated and the number of sessions needed but is generally between $1,100 and $3,600.
Is This Treatment Just For The Face?
While this treatment is primarily used for facial rejuvenation, it can and does work well for other parts of the body including the neck and décolleté, arms, hands, legs, abdomen, and back.